Welcome to Wedgewood Houston
Located south of The Gulch and east of the Belmont area and Music Row, WeHo is filled with creative vibes, and the housing reflects the community’s artistic nature. In addition to newly built or updated developments with modern apartments and condos, residents can live in stylish attached townhomes or renovated single-family homes. And families with children will love this neighborhood, which boasts the best-rated public schools in the city.
What to Love
- Amazing public schools
- Creative, artistic vibe
- Close to other popular neighborhoods like The Gulch, 12South, and Hillsboro Village
- Variety of housing options
Dining, Entertainment & Shopping
This unique neighborhood is filled with an array of laid-back dining options, from scrumptious chicken dishes at Smokin Thighs to the sweet baked goods at Dozen Bakery. It’s also a historic architecture lover’s paradise. For a look at some of Nashville’s most inspiring original buildings, check out Houston Station — the 1885 building now houses an amazing event space — and Merritt Mansion, a beautiful home built in the late 1800s.
Things to Do
This creative community is home to several art galleries, all within walking distance of each other and your home. David Lusk Gallery features artists from across the country and a variety of mediums, from sculptures to video installations. And Zeitgeist gallery’s changing exhibits feature contemporary artwork from a range of talented artists. While you can enjoy browsing each of the 20 galleries on your own, a great way to preview each arthouse is through WeHo’s Arts & Music event, showcasing the best of the neighborhood’s art scene every month.
In addition to viewing art, you have plenty of opportunities to create your own art in WeHo. Fun artistic spots like Fort Houston or AR Workshop, plus other artistic vendors throughout the neighborhood, are happy to help spark your inner creativity.
WeHo residents have some of the best public education options in the city, as well as a selection of charter and magnet schools.
- Glendale Elementary School, pre-K–4, Nashville’s first and only Spanish immersion school
- Fall-Hamilton Elementary Enhanced Option,pre-K–4, part of The Leader in Me program, which teaches from The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People book as part of each school day
- Carter Lawrence Elementary Magnet, pre-K–4, features a fully operational science lab staffed by Vanderbilt University scientists
- John T. Moore Middle School, 5–8, IB World School with a reputation for excellence in sports
- Hillsboro High School, 9–12, one of the top-performing schools in the city that offers both IB World School and Academy School programs