Welcome to The Gulch
One of Downtown Nashville’s more luxurious neighborhoods, The Gulch has much to offer its residents. Located just south of Downtown, this small section of the city is pedestrian-friendly both in its proximity to other popular areas, like Downtown and Midtown, and in its unique beauty. Real estate in The Gulch is made up of high-end apartment buildings and condos. In addition to its smaller apartments, the area provides a selection of spacious high-rise condos for luxury buyers. Buildings are typically new construction or retrofitted historic warehouses, each featuring an array of modern amenities and sleek designs to match the style of SoBro’s trendy residents.
What to Love
- Luxury accommodations
- High-end dining and entertainment options
- Walkable neighborhood with a unique style
Dining, Entertainment & Shopping
While The Gulch is a smaller Nashville neighborhood, it definitely doesn’t lack in amenities. It’s full of trendy restaurants, ranging from down-home southern cuisine to high-end, fine-dining establishments. Consider these fantastic options:
- Kayne Prime, a fine-dining steakhouse with artisanal cocktails and a modern take on classic American food
- Moto, a rustic Italian eatery with a chic and sophisticated vibe
- Adele’s, with an ever-changing menu using seasonal ingredients
The Gulch is also home to a variety of entertainment options. For a place to dine, drink, and dance, check out Sambuca. And UP, a rooftop lounge, offers handcrafted drinks and spectacular views of the city’s skyline.
Things to Do
The Gulch is well-known as the location of Nashville’s home for authentic bluegrass: Station Inn. Here, you’ll listen to live acoustic music every night in a relaxed southern environment. You can also enjoy live music while shopping at Two Old Hippies or find some great boots at Lucchese Bootmaker or Nashville Boot Co.
Residents of The Gulch are served by a high-achieving public school district, the Metro Nashville Public Schools, in addition to a private school. Students living in SoBro attend:
- Buena Vista Enhanced Option Elementary School, K–4, a Community Achieves school that provides wraparound services aimed at improving its students, families, and the community
- John Early Museum Magnet Middle Prep, 5–8, has the only accredited museum in a school building in North America
- Pearl-Cohn Entertainment Magnet High School, 9–12, features a state-of-the-art recording studio and is the first school in the country to house a student-run recording label affiliated with a major recording label; also offers instruction in a variety of dedicated career pathways including marketing, cosmetology, and the recording industry
- University School of Nashville, K–12, a private Midtown school founded by Peabody College