Welcome to Sylvan Park
Located on the southwest corner of Nashville, Sylvan Park is a tight-knit community with a variety of amazing offerings for its residents. The quiet and cozy atmosphere attracts a diverse range of residents, with a wide array of home styles to match. The neighborhood is mostly residential, featuring attached homes, like condos and townhouses, and single-family houses with real estate ranging from extravagant luxury homes to more modest bungalows.
What to Love
- Close to other popular Nashville neighborhoods
- Access to several urban parks with tons of outdoor activities
- Nice restaurants and shops
- Mostly a residential neighborhood with various home styles
Dining, Entertainment & Shopping
While most areas of this quaint neighborhood are residential, Sylvan Park does have a nice restaurant scene. Charlotte Avenue, which runs along the neighborhood’s northern edge, is home to a variety of restaurants and shops. Eateries range from laid-back, with traditional menus, to eclectic international cuisine. And the neighborhood is also home to some upscale shops offering gourmet foods and fine cheeses.
Things to Do
Golfers will love the McCabe Golf Course, a 27-hole course and practice facility that has been voted the best in the area. Nearby, you’ll find the McCabe Park Community Center, Nashville’s first LEED-certified community center that offers activities and amenities for residents of all ages. For other cultural offerings, check out the Nashville Ballet and Nashville Opera, both located within Sylvan Park.
Sylvan Park is served by Metro Nashville Public Schools, offering a unique educational experience at each school:
- Sylvan Park Paideia Design Center, pre-K–4, practices the Paideia teaching philosophy that focuses on facts, skills, and goals to nurture growth and development
- West End Middle School, 5–8, an IB World School housed on a historic campus designed by Donald Southgate
- Hillsboro High School, 9–12, one of the top-performing schools in the city that offers both IB World School and Academy School programs