Welcome to Franklin
This city filled with history has seen quite a bit of new growth recently, making it a great choice for families who want to live near Nashville but outside of the city. Located just 14 miles from Nashville, Franklin is a unique community that has earned a lot of recognition in recent years. Real estate options range from large new-construction homes to historic houses in established neighborhoods.
What to Love
- The highly-rated school district
- Convenient location near Nashville but outside city limits
- Amazing shopping and dining throughout the city
- An array of housing options
- A safe alternative to living in the city
People & Lifestyle
Named the Fourth Best Place to Live by Time Magazine and the third safest city in Tennessee, Franklin is a perfect choice for families. They love the small-town feel of the community, which hosts fun annual festivals and parades year-round. The city also draws history buffs as residents, to take in all the historical sites throughout their town.
Dining, Entertainment & Shopping
The shopping and dining options in Franklin are amazing. With the eclectic dining scene, you can choose from high-quality restaurants like:
- Wild Ginger, a fine-dining establishment featuring a blend of Pan-Asian, South American, and Western cuisines
- Biscuit Love, a family-run restaurant with a scratch-made Southern menu
- Mantra Artisan Ales, a craft brewery featuring a menu of internationally inspired beers and seasonal ales
The city is also home to an array of shopping options, from unique boutiques to larger stores. These interesting shops are a must-see:
- Philanthropy, a fashion-forward boutique that makes a difference
- White’s Mercantile, a modern-day general store filled with amazing finds
- Living Franklin, a lifestyle store featuring everything from home décor to apparel
- Cool Springs Galleria, a one-million-square-foot mall with four anchor stores and more than 150 specialty shops
Things to Do
You’ll love the selection of annual events hosted in Downtown Franklin: In spring, attend the Main Street Festival, and in the summer you’ll celebrate the Fourth of July with a parade. Fall brings the annual PumpkinFest, while the Dickens of a Christmas festival is celebrated each winter. And don’t miss the town’s 15-block historic district filled with unique architecture.
- Franklin is part of the Williamson County School District, serving 40,000 students in 48 different schools. The high-achieving school district boasts a 96% graduation rate, an ACT composite score of 25.2, and also ranks highly in the state’s report card in a variety of subjects and grade levels.