Welcome to Downtown
For a true city experience, you’ll love Downtown Nashville. Residential options in the area include a wide selection of luxury condos and apartments, each with its own unique features. In addition to sleek new high-rises with wonderful modern amenities, this area is also home to some amazing historic buildings with expansive industrial-style lofts. And people love living Downtown. Most Downtown apartment buildings have a 95% occupancy rate, and some even have waiting lists. Downtown is centrally located within walking distance of a variety of other Nashville neighborhoods, including SoBro, The Gulch, Demonbreun, and Midtown.
What to Love
- Central location
- Unlimited entertainment options
- Large selection of dining and shopping options
People & Lifestyle
The Downtown area is filled with professional, highly educated residents from a wide range of age groups and has a healthy mix of both single and married people. Most residents work in Downtown Nashville, and more than half earn over $100,000 per year. Residents say
they love living Downtown because of its convenient location and restaurant selection.
Dining, Entertainment & Shopping
The most famous part of Downtown Nashville is the neon lights of the honky-tonks on Broadway, but the area has so much more to offer its residents. With over 200 bars and restaurants, world-renowned music venues, amazing museums and parks, and exciting sports complexes, you’ll always have something to do just outside your door. You’ll also love the huge selection of events happening every day in the city, including concerts, stage performances, and festivals. Downtown is also busy with an array of recurring events, from the First Saturday Art Crawl each month to Street Eats Thursdays on Deaderick Street.
The shopping options in Downtown Nashville are as diverse as the restaurants. From country-and-western stores on Broadway to locally owned boutiques, there’s something for everyone on the Downtown streets. You’ll also love the selection of unique art and gifts in The Arcade.
In addition to the city skyline visible from right outside your window, living in Downtown Nashville gives you access to some amazing landscapes. At Riverfront Park, you can stroll along the banks of the Cumberland River and stop at Cumberland Park, a pretty green space where young Downtown residents can play.
Residents of Downtown are served by a high-achieving public school district, Metro Nashville Public Schools. Students can attend:
- Buena Vista Enhanced Option Elementary School, K–4, a Community Achieves school that provides wraparound services aimed at improving its students, families, and the community
- John Early Museum Magnet Middle Prep, 5–8, has the only accredited museum in a school building in North America
- Pearl-Cohn Entertainment Magnet High School, 9–12, features a state-of-the-art recording studio and is the first school in the country to house a student-run recording label affiliated with a major recording label; also offers instruction in a variety of dedicated career pathways including marketing, cosmetology, and the recording industry.