Welcome to 12 South
One of the city’s hottest neighborhoods, 12South has so much to offer its residents. From great restaurants to stylish boutiques, this trendy neighborhood is a one-stop destination for residents and visitors alike. Located between Belmont and Melrose just south of The Gulch, 12South provides an eclectic mix of housing options. In addition to newly built high-rise condominiums, residents can choose unique townhomes and historic single-family homes in this up-and-coming neighborhood.
What to Love
- Traditional housing options in an urban environment
- Trendy restaurants and shopping options
- Close to surrounding Nashville neighborhoods
People & Lifestyle
This diverse neighborhood is home to a variety of residents, from single professionals to young families. Unlike other busy metro areas, 12South is a quiet neighborhood within the Nashville city limits. The option to purchase single-family homes or attached townhomes, while remaining close to everything Nashville has to offer, is an attractive quality for many of the area’s residents. The hip vibe that resonates throughout the neighborhood attracts just as many artistic and free-spirited residents as it does young families.
Dining, Entertainment & Shopping
With an eclectic mix of dining options, 12South is the hub of Nashville’s culinary scene. Whether you’re searching for a laid-back atmosphere with a huge selection of craft beer like 12 South Taproom and Grill or some unique ethnic cuisine like the Lebanese menu at Epice, you’re sure to find something delicious to eat.
The food options can only be eclipsed by the plethora of shopping options in this fun neighborhood. The streets of 12South are speckled with high-end and unique boutiques offering everything from handcrafted jewelry to French antiques.
Things to Do
This neighborhood offers something for everyone. Families and dog owners can enjoy Sevier Park, where dogs are welcome. Browse the farmers’ market, or visit the community center for live music on a regular basis. For nighttime fun, you can enjoy the wide selection of dance clubs, live music venues, and karaoke bars.
Residents of 12South are part of the Metro Nashville Public Schools system, but they also have options for private education. Students can attend:
- Eakin Elementary School, –K–4, an International Baccalaureate World School certified school with a state-of-the-art computer lab and massive modern library
- Glendale Elementary School, pre-K–4, Nashville’s first and only Spanish immersion school
- West End Middle School, 5–8, an IB World School housed on a historic campus designed by Donald Southgate
- John T. Moore Middle School, 5–8, IB World School with a reputation for excellence in sports
- Hillsboro High School, 9–12, one of the top-performing schools in the city that offers both IB World School and Academy School programs
- University School of Nashville, K–12, a private Midtown school founded by Peabody College